วันอังคารที่ 15 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Power of Imagination

Power of Imagination

Dear Dr.Pracob

I have read your written business plan, “New ICT Teachers for Thailand 2010-2012”. You proposed to create the first batch of new and young teachers of ICT who can really teach and perform effectively as teachers and cyber guides for students in the area of computer and information technologies. I also share belief that e-learning and ICT-Based Teaching and Learning has a lot of potential. Also we admit that at the schools levels we may have a lot of teachers, but not many well qualified ones.

I found it is a good idea. I appreciate your effort to create a lot of new ideas on the land [Thailand]. But nowadays, I am hearing a sound of silence. Not many good ideas have been responded fruitfully.

It may be that your initiatives and dreams might be out of reach among many of us who are practitioners and doers at the local level at the present time.

As you know, some ideas will emerge in the future. It may take three, five or ten years from now on, to really make such ideas fruitful.

I realize that some good ideas if pursued continuously and persistently till the end, can be proved successful, but in three, five, or ten years time. Many good ideas have failed because of various reasons.

Albert Einstein, the great scientist once said, “Imagination is more important than knowledge.” He explained, for “..knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

Dear sir, I appreciate your effort. Though among your first batch of new ICT teachers are not yet for rural public schools in the northeastern region like mine. I will keep in touch with you and hope some day, I will also pursue my dream, sharing our imagination, and trying to make my dream come true. What counts is not about success, but by trying and learning from our experiences has already been some kind of success by itself.

With my best regard.

Suriya in Buriram

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น