วันอังคารที่ 15 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Persistence in Pursuing Education Quality Improvement (EQI)

Persistence in Pursuing Education Quality Improvement (EQI)

Dear Aj. Suriya in Buriram

Thank you for coming and join our website, “EQI English in Thailand” (http://eqi-eng.blogspot.com ). This website is for all who are interested in sharing information and ideas, learning, and practicing English writing. EQI is from the word “Education Quality Improvement – EQI”. I got the idea from a project I served as a consultant few years back for the World Bank loan program, supported by the Office of Basic Education Commission, the Ministry of Education in Thailand. The project name was “Secondary Education Quality Improvement” or in short SEQI. But since I also realize that problems of education quality in Thailand is not limited only at the secondary school level, but also at other levels, from K through 12, plus 4, or from kindergarten classes, to the last grade of secondary school (Thailand education system is 3+3 years for the elementary classes, 3+3 years for secondary school classes, and 4 years for the Bachelor degree program.)

I have read your comment on the project name “New ICT Teachers for Thailand 2010-2012” drafted by me, Pracob Cooparat, Asso Prof. Dr. for SpringBoard For Asia Foundation (SB4AF), Bangkok, Thailand, during December 2009. The PowerPoint presentation is just a draft. I got the idea from a director and owner of a private school group with 3 separate locations in Bangkok and vicinity area. They schools have nice buildings, sound investment; schools are located in the growth area of residentials and also industrial development, outskirt of Bangkok. Their schools are still a family business, but with promising future. However, he voiced his concerns about the limited pools of qualified teachers in various fields, including Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). I found out that there are great needs for new breed of teachers, competent, intelligent, committed to teaching profession, and well-trained in Computer Skills. So I accept his demand as my commitment to recruit, select young college students interested in teaching profession, and during their last 2 years, retrain them to suit the demands of our strategic partners, some selected private secondary schools in Thailand. I started from one idea, and then spread it out to all other private secondary schools throughout Thailand. I will announce the program to all colleges of education of public and private universities, with colleges of Education in Thailand. There are 71 colleges or schools, including 41 campuses of Rajabhat University System, formerly teachers colleges.

I choose 50 as the number of interns we, at the “SpringBoard for Asia Foundation (SB4AF), can handle effectively as our interns in Bangkok.

SpringBoard For Asia Foundation in Thailand or SB4AF is the organization I co-found with Mr. Colin Glass, my friend from the United Kingdom (UK). I choose to have the organization setup of “a foundation” because I realize that what we are doing cannot be pursued by me or anyone alone. Our prime interest is not about the money, but the challenge of Education Quality Improvement (EQI) of the Kingdom. Mr. Colin Glass is a gentleman, with career success in UK, and accepted a challenge to work his projects in the area of Education Quality Improvement in Southeast Asia – Malaysia, Thailand, Laos PDR, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Myanmar. So we share some ideas.

Forgive me for throwing out a lot of ideas, but not much pursuing all of those ideas till the end. If possible persons at my age should not commit to any ideas that will require a decade or two, to make it successful. If I live that long, I likely will not have energy left to really work effectively. So I choose to be a “Dream Seller”, read a lot, write a lot, initiate some projects, and find someone, committed to work on such projects.

Aj. Suriya, you are still young and healthy. You like reading, which is the sign of thirst for finding new ideas. Find some dream of your own, sharing them, with us, and work toward making it come true. I know that working within the system of government bureaucracy, with 300,000-400,000 people is hard and sometime discouraging. But I believe you will find ways to do your own things. A great leader is someone who can do something not possible for ordinary people can nor even think of.

Come and share your ideas with us.

Pracob at SB4AF
E-mail: pracob@sb4af.org
Bangkok, Thailand

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น