วันอังคารที่ 19 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2553

Dear Son, What a Wonderful Morning

Picture SIFF performing art at Surindra Rajabhat University (SRRU)
Picture SIFF performing art at Surindra Rajabhat University (SRRU)

Dear Son, What a Wonderful Morning

Dear Son
in NYC, USA

Last night, I just came back from Surin and arrived home around 23:30 hrs. I went to bed right away. Mom just came back from her trip to Udon Thani province in the upper northeast region, by plane and got an airport limousine from Suvarnabhumi Airport back home. She arrived home not much earlier than me.

During Sunday and Monday, it was quite a 2 tiring days at Surindra Rajabhat University (SRRU), for I had to do the editing for 7 of my students’ presentation in English during the SIFF International Festival at SRRU.

On Sunday, it took me from 9:00 am in the morning till 16:30 hrs in the afternoon. Then I went back to the hotel, and spent 6 hours of writing my own essay presentation of 6 pages to be delivered on Monday.

On Monday, I presented my paper in the morning. In the afternoon, I had to chair a meeting to decide the Qualifying Examination results of 6 doctoral students, of my class. I had only 4 hours of sleep during the night before, so in the afternoon, I was very tired. Thanks god, everything was going on fine. I am alive, no heart attack – just plain tired. It was tiring but fruitful. I usually was not this busy, but when the situation required, I could still be focused and did my job effectively.

I did not have much energy left to participate effectively in the Fifth SIFF Festival at Surindra Rajabhat University. There were hundreds of professors and students from various parts of the world coming to SRRU to participate in the SIFF (Surin International Folklore Festival) during January 14-24, 2010. I regreted that I could not participate in the event much more for I was so exhausted, and had to come back to Bangkok to do my other things.

Dr. Michael Stanner a friend of mine, a distinguished biologist, himself coordinated to bring 31 young performers and teachers from Israel to participate in the event. I told him to take a lot of photograph and then I will spend the time with some of my students to do the writing to share information about arts and culture. Next year, I will plan in advance to help supervise the academic professors and graduate students to present their papers at this Annual International Festival.

The Festival was amazing for a mid-sized university like Surindra Rajabhat University (about 7000 enrollments, in the town of 40,000 people) to really be able to host the distinguished festival like SIFF. There were professors, students in arts and culture from so many nations in the world like - Lao PDR, Cambodia, Taiwan, Vietnam, Finland, Lithuania, Italy, Srilanka, India including Thai Ahom from India, China, Philippines, Cameroon, Israel,

You can look at the pictures and some explanation in Thai from http://www.srru.ac.th/org/siff/

On Monday after finishing my assignment, at 16:30 hrs, I took a first class air-conditioned bus from Muang Surin and it took about 6 hours and 40 minutes to get to Mo Chit Bus Terminal in Bangkok.

On Tuesday, after 6 hours of deep sleep, I woke up fresh and ready to do something else.


Picture - Beginning with a big glass of blended karrot with added fresh milk

Picture - Papaya, colorful yellow red, and delicious

Picture - A plate of scrambled eggs from 2 fresh eggs on top of an unsalted piece of ham, and topped with ketchup, artistically spread by me

Picture - Finish with a cup of coffee with milk, with no sugar

Picture - My breakfast as usual - but through my eyes of a very good mood

Breakfast – 2 scrambled eggs, on the top of a piece of unsalted ham, and topped with colorful red ketchup. No bread.

The meal was cooked by Uan, our local domestic helper
Consumer – Dad
Mom – just skip usual breakfast, and had a cup of black coffee, no sugar.
Palm - still a sleeper
Temperature - 25 c, perfect, what a wonderful morning

After our breakfast, I, mom, and Na Chan would go to visit our land site at Samut Prakan Province, just 40 km from our home at Aree Samphan in Bangkok.

If you got my letter, it may be your coming night time. So good night son.

Dad at Home
Aree Samphan
Bangkok, Thailand

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น